Be a part of Battleship Cove’s dynamic team! The USS Massachusetts Memorial Committee, Inc. is an equal opportunities employer and encourages minorities and veterans to apply.
Battleship Cove seeks customer oriented associates to join their Visitor Services team. Duties include gift shop, tickets sales, carousel, events, and staffing the Nautical Nights camping program.
Candidates must have retail and customer service experience and be able to pass a CORI/SORI check.
Please send resume and cover letter, or stop by the Battleship Cove gift shop for an application. email@example.com. NO PHONE CALLS.
Nautical Nights Crew Leader
The Nautical Nights Crew Leader (CL) is responsible for the logistical oversight of the Nautical Nights camping program at Battleship Cove. The primary responsibility is assisting the Program Coordinator with the successful execution of the Nautical Nights program. With the Program Coordinator, the CL will manage staff, provide customer service to participants, and ensure the event schedule is maintained. The ideal CL will provide excellent customer service, be a strong collaborator and communicator, and be enthusiastic about the museum's mission to educate visitors to honor patriotism and country.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Supervise staff and logistics of Nautical Nights camping program
• Provide customer service to participants
• Communicate professionally with colleagues and participants, especially in tense or emergency situations
• Collaborate with museum staff, volunteers, and external concessionaires to effectively execute the program
• Maintain high level of customer service
• Maintain cleanliness and safety of bunking areas at all times
Skills and Abilities
• Outstanding interpersonal, public speaking and customer service skills
• Ability to work enthusiastically and effectively with visitors, museum staff, volunteers and external concessionaires
• Patience and flexibility while working in a dynamic public environment
This is a part-time job. Hours vary, with an average of 20 hours per week, with more in spring and fall. The Nautical Nights camping program is typically held on Friday and Saturdays with an occasional weeknight. $13.00 per hour.
• High School Diploma
• Ability to climb stairs. Lift 25 pounds, and stand for long periods of time
• Ability to work weekends, including late nights and early mornings
• Experience with management and working with youth are appreciated
How to apply: respond to this ad with resume and cover letter, or visit Battleship Cove at 5 Water Street, Fall River for an application. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.